Saturday, February 9, 2013

Reasons

Hello!

I turned in my application today...or technically yesterday, but I've never really liked technicalities. So for all intensive purposes as I have not slept since I turned it in, it was today. This is going somewhere I swear. Well, when I went in the lady that I've dealt with the only time wasn't there, so instead I had to deal with the older gentleman who is more...loud? Boisterous. Let's go with that.

The older gentleman then interrogates me and long story short, I pass his test. He explains how I need to get an unofficial transcript and then we talked about Sociology for a little while and I went on my merry way. Well, after my second class of the day (as I had turned it in after my first) I printed off my unofficial transcript and went in the second time that day.

Luckily, the quieter lady was there and she had me sign a few papers and what not. She also gave me the letter they were going to send off in the mail, but since I had come in at just the right moment where she was printing it off I got in while in the office. This same thing happened when I first went to her office, and asked about financial aid. She called the financial aid lady (who is apparently always busy) and my timing was perfect so that I went in that day and got the estimates of how much I was getting.

No worry, no fuss. That was it. This whole experience has been surprisingly smooth which for me, is an oddity. The way things work in my world, things go wrong. That's what happens. It's to the point I expect it ahead of time to avoid disappointment.

I don't want to tempt fate, but I honestly feel like I'm supposed to go on this trip. I know that sounds odd coming from someone who's been so excited it's all she can talk about on facebook, but not in the: X ALL THE THINGS - london trip? facebooks all the time
Well, kinda in that way, but it's mainly because I'm getting antsy. See, I've lived in this town all of my 20 year except that little stint at a University two hours away for 3 months. I've always wanted to get out, it's still happening. I just realized in that 3 month time period at that time, I wasn't at that state of mind that could be described as ready.

Little did I realize the novelty would wear off after the first six months of being back. I love it here, these are where my friends are. My life right now is here. And I accept that, but recently there's just been a part of me that wants to get up and leave it all. While that's a very rash choice to make, and I don't make it lightly, I figured this was the tamest option I could pick.


And so far everything is just kinda falling into place. I've turned in my application. Oh! And my friend and I reserved our tickets for Highclere Castles!

Highclere Castle -- Hampshire

With our tickets we'll get to see the gardens and the castle. They've also currently got an Egyptian exhibit there as well, and while that would be interesting to see my main focus is the gardens and the actual castle. It's going to be marvelous!

In my time away I've also found a few places that I'm going to bookmark as possibilities of places I might like to visit. The first place I'd like to discuss is a Cabaret/Bar called CellarDoor:

Photo courtesy of their website.



The description: Imagine 30s Berlin meets New York basement dive. Sold. Here's there website. The music on here entices me, and their list of cocktails does not sound half bad. A few such drinks include:

  • Never Trust A Flamingo: Premium Plymouth Gin shaken with fresh Watermelon,  dash 
of Lemon Juice and dried out with a touch of Campari.
  • Honey (I drank the) Daiquiri: A twisted classic with Appleton Jamaican Rum shaken with 
homemade Honey Syrup and freshly squeezed Lime Juice.  
  • Pin Up Review: London’s very own Beefeater Gin complimented by Elderflower, Raspberry, fresh lemon juice, and soda
  • Simone De Beauvoir: The sweetness of Strawberries combined with the dryness of 
Perrier Jouet Champagne.

I'm not an alcoholic, I swear. They just sound really really good! The bonus of going here would be seeing the show. Entrance is free, so I don't see how spending an hour or two here could really cause any harm. It looks nice! Perhaps not the kind of place I'd get to go here, so it sounds like an adventure waiting to happen! 

Anyways, I'm rambling at this point. 

Thanks for listening!

-Pat-

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7300547/?claim=vh4dr9638vh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment