Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 06

Hello!

London is ever growing ever closer and I'm beginning to get a bit nervous about the whole ordeal. I'm still very excited, but I suppose back in January it was just one of those unattainable goals that I'd set and now it's all finally working out. I know for sure I'll have fun, but it's in my nature to worry about the silliest of things, so I just simply go with the flow and acknowledge that everything is going to work out fantastically!

Back to our challenge:

Day 06: What band or musician is most important to you?

This question is a bit of a tough one, as I have a very wide spectrum of what I listen to and find important. There was a small part of me that wanted to write a sarcastic blog post about how much One Direction meant to me, but honestly even pretending to write about that was a daunting prospect so I decided against it.

Instead I'll write about my top 3 that I can think of at the top of my head.


1. Murray Gold.

He is the music director for the revamp of Doctor Who. Ever since 2005 this man has been pumping out beautiful songs like a well oiled machine. There was even a special event DEDICATED to his musical score for Doctor Who. This man is a genius. I respect him, and admire him and wish I had his amazing talents. Thankfully, I can listen to his beautiful music via Spotify or youtube.





Melody Pond



The Mad Man With A Box



The Song From The Rings of Akhaten



2. Fun.

I've always really enjoyed this band. I love most of their songs and they make me really happy. They're particularly important to me because of a particular song called The Gambler. I'm not really sure if it's because if I could have the life described in this song I could live happily or if because the piano is amazingly beautiful. But I love them so...


The Gambler: "Even if the sun stops waking up over the fields, I will not leave, I will not leave 'till it's our time. So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your side." 

Yes I just used a Doctor Who fan video...this is a no judgement zone here. Besides, I like it when people combine some of my favorite things to make fantastic things.


Carry On: "May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry on." 

3. Kate Nash

Look how cute she is!! Gah. I love her so much. She's delightful and British, and her songs are some of my favorites. The one that really got me hooked was Foundations, as I found it at a time in my life where my best friend had a boyfriend that wasn't quite good for her and so I secretly listened to this song to know it would work itself out. Sometimes it was not so secretly, but things are well now and they did, in fact, work themselves out. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but it helped me and we could laugh about it later. Also, another song that really helped me out a lot during my teenage years of unrequited loves was The Nicest Thing. It's a slightly less upbeat song, but it's cute in its own sad sort of way. 



Foundations: "And every time we fight, I know it's not right. Every time that you're upset and I smile, I know I should forget but I can't."

The Nicest Thing: "I wish my smile was your favorite kind of smile. I wish the way that I dressed was your favorite kind of style. I wish you couldn't figure me out, but you'd always want to know what  I was about." 

I could keep going, but I have six minutes left of Monday. And I'm sorry I couldn't pick one, but they are all important to me. There are still some that I didn't even get to mention that are important to me. But this will do for now. It's time for me to sleep now.

Goodnight and Thanks for Listening!

-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment