Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 07

Hello!

We're continuing on this trend of posting once a day, even if I only have seven minutes left of this one! Let us continue with my journey to  once a day blogging with......

Day 07: Do you read? What are your favorite books?

Okay, so I used to read a lot. And when I say a lot I mean a lot. I was one of those kids that couldn't be torn away from a book. I genuinely enjoyed it. As I grew older, my time for reading grew smaller and smaller as I devoted my time to silly things such as sports, and choir, and orchestra, and friends. I still enjoyed it though.

Recently Boyfriend and I have began reading more. It was his idea at first, and then I followed suit figuring that I could once again enjoy it. Now, I still don't have much time for it but I renewed my library card and I am working on reading all of John Green's books. Right now I need to finish Lucille Ball's biography and then I can continue on my journey of reading.

Some of my favorite books include:


The Green Book by Jill Paton Walsh. It's a child's book about Earth dying and a group of humans traveling on a ship to a new planet to settle. It was my favorite as a kid, and I would love to reread it again someday soon.


The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I actually enjoyed reading this book during my high school years. Let's not get into my opinions about the movie. We'll be here all night.


The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Another one I enjoyed reading in the 8th grade. I actually went out and brought my own copy after reading the school's copy, that's how much I enjoyed this one. 


The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. This one practically speaks for itself. It's a lovely book, though I'm starting to realize a trend with small green books being on my favorites list...


The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I'm going to be honest, I saw the movie before I read the book. I loved the movie so much I knew I had to read the book, and it quickly wiggled its way onto my favorites list. 



The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I grew up with these books. When I was about 7 years old, my Aunt read to me out of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone during a tornado warning. The power was out and I had an overwhelming fear of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. (I think this stemmed from watching The Wizard of Oz early in life but I digress). I was hooked immediately into this magical world and haven't turned back since. 

I'm going to stop now, as I feel that's sufficient enough for today/yesterday.

Thanks for listening!

-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment