Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Exciting Day with CJ!


So yesterday was a bit laid back, but today we had a full day of things to do. We met up bright and early at 8 am to go to our first site visit of the day! It was the Prison Reform Trust or something like that. On the way we stopped for snacks and I got a fruit bowl for breakfast as my milk had expired and I left my butter in Ariel's apartment last night! Which...I still haven't gotten...so breakfast in the morning is probably going to be leftovers from earlier...but I'll get to that later.

Though I had had the fruit cup, we arrived a bit early so we sat at a cafe and read the paper. I ended up going in and getting a Kit Kat and a lemonade.

Breakfast of champions
After the site visit we had a long time before our next lecture. A bunch of us went out to eat at an Italian restaurant by the site. I got spaghetti carbonara and it was so good!! The pasta had bacon in it. Though their bacon is different than our bacon. Personally I like our bacon more. But...I guess to each his own.
 After that we all came back to the dorm to nap. After nap we had another lecture at four thirty, but he was a bit late because of work. It was fine though, because I was tired and not really ready for a long lecture. After that we all got dressed up fancy to go watch The Ceremony of the Keys at Tower Hill! It's a ceremony that's happened every night for the past 700 years! But I'm getting ahead of myself. First we got dinner at the Drunken Monkey
Strawberry Lemonade

Chicken Fried Rice
After that it was off to the Tower of London! We attended the special Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London. We got to go in after hours and get our own guided tour of the grounds! It was pretty cool! There was quite a big group there, but it still felt special. Here's a few random pictures for you all. 
Almost there!

 This is where we actually got inside of the Tower.

Oh my God it's an elephant!!!
 After the walking tour we went to the pub and brought our charity raffle tickets and sat down to enjoy the night before the Ceremony began.
The queen at the bar

Share a Coke with Friends!

 After a little while we were all gathered and explained the ceremony. It was such a cool experience one I won't be forgetting for a while! After the Ceremony was over, we all went back to the pub for the raffle.
 My number didn't get called but 3 people in our group won something! After the raffle we just stuck around and had a few more drinks (they were super cheap) and then headed back to the dorms to get ready for another busy day tomorrow!

Polar bear!
Thanks for listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment